Stop Junk Mail is a not-for-profit junk mail advice service. This website provides free and independent information about stopping unsolicited mail.
There's a lot of information on this website. To prevent you get lost, here are some quick pointers:
- If you're here because you want to know how to stop all that wasteful, useless junk mail coming through the door you should make yourself a cuppa and read through the Guide to stamping out junk mail.
- If you got an unusual junk mail issue (i.e. something not covered in the guide) you might want to consult Dr Junk Buster.
- If you enjoy ramblings about junk mail you probably like my Diary.
- If you want to get involved in the battle against junk mail the forum is a good place to start.
- If you're feeling generous you could buy lots of anti-junk mail goodies and/or make a donation.
I was on Radio 4's You and Yours this afternoon to talk about the Door-Drop Preference Service.
The Times is today writing about the Door-Drop Preference Service. The fiasco is Defra's fault, according to the Direct Marketing Association.
One of the reasons why I started Stop Junk Mail is that it's stupid that you have to do three or four different things just to stop unsolicited, unaddressed mail. It could be as easy as putting a smartly worded sticker on your door. Stickers such as these 'NO/NO, NO/YES', for instance.
I'm hoping that one day these stickers will be readily and freely available throughout the UK. Until that happy day comes you can buy the stickers right here.